This is something generic to uncommon errors, this issue arises when we try to add new IP in vps server.
When we click on the option “Add a New IP Address” under IP Functions on WHM, we get the following error sometimes.
“To add, edit, or remove IPs, please contact your server administrator”
This can be solved by adding the new IP manually in two seperate files of VPS server.
1) One is, add IP in the format like –> IP Address + Netmask to /etc/ips inside the correct VPS to which you wish to add the new IP
* Restart ipaliases (/etc/init.d/ipaliases restart)
2) Secondly, by standing in the main node, add the IP in vps configuration file.
For example, if virtual server ID is 123,
* vi /etc/vz/conf/123.conf
* search for line “IP_ADDRESS”
– Add your new IP in the line IP_ADDRESS=”x.x.x.x y.y.y.y z.z.z.z”
* Restart the VPS (vzctl restart 123)
* Done and your new IP is added, you can see the new IP in “Show IP Address Usage” of WHM.